Here’s another custom’s voice which will spice up your drive. A note of caution, you might want to test it out first before having company. It might make your girlfriend or mother in law a little too uncomfortable….. but then again it all good.
- Download the required file
- Unpacked it using WinRaR to your designated folder
- Connect your Garmin nuvi GPS unit using the USB cable
- Click on the “Computer” icon and then open the selected driver to your nuvi (Garmin icon)
- Click to open “Garmin Folder”
- There will be a list of files, look for the “Voice” Folder
- You will see a list of languages consisting of sum and vpm files
- Cut and Paste the “English_American_vpm” file and save it to your computer as a backup.
- Copy the “Custom” voice from your initial designated folder to your Nuvi Voice Folder
- Transfer the “Custom” voice file is already named “English_American__vpm” to you nuvi
- Voice Folder via Copy and Paste
- You have successfully installed the “Custom” voice.
- Unplugged the USB cable and your nuvi will automatically restart
- Once powered on, select “Tools”
- Select “Settings” then “Language"
- Click on Voice and select “American English” once done press “OK”
- Mission accomplished. Now sit back and enjoy……